Proverbs 16:7

When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 KJV

Sunday, May 10, 2015

May 9 Update

Well today looked like a wasted day at first but turned out to be a great day. I let my medicine run low so Vikki had to ship me some by UPS. She did a great job but I had to wait until possible 1pm to pick it up. So that meant wasting the whole morning before I could hit the trail from Daleville. So the medicine actually came in early 12 noon and I was on the trail by 12:30. The weather cleared up, humity was down and the trail from Daleville was rather easy and next thing I know, I'm on the top ridge of the mountains. I mean I'm walking the peak and can see down both sides of the mountain at the same time. It's like a little path and I do it for miles and hours at a time. You go up and  down in elevation but you stay on that little path. It was wonderful, the scenery when not blocked by trees was breath taking as you could see miles in each direction. Finally the path ended but the hike continue  through the mountains and there were no hard climbs. When you got near the top of the mountain there were no surprises, no endless climbs but just the best possible route was pick and you just glided on to the next mountains. I was able to do 10 miles on a shorten day and never really hot tired. So my total miles hiked this trip is around 310 and my health is good. I'm  still shooting  for  Hot Springs, NC and another 5-6 weeks  will  do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment