Proverbs 16:7

When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 KJV

Sunday, May 17, 2015

May 17 Update

Well I'm in Pearisburg, VA for r&r and resupply. This is my longest time on the trail, 7 full days and was completely out of food, fuel and needed a real bed to sleep in. The cool weather came back but that meant colder days so I can make it through the nights. I'm at SOBO mileage 1554 with 388 miles completed this hike. That leaves 167 miles in Virginia, 75 miles in Tennessee and 115 in NC and I'm home. I have been hiking for 36 total days and still hope to complete my trip the first or second week of June. I have one big mountain first thing tomorrow and then about 100 miles of fairly level trail where I hope to gain some days. I have started planning my upcoming resupply points and it looks like I will get off every 90 miles. The wave of north bound hikers has increased as the big bubble finally reached me. I had trail magic 3 days last week and one was a complete hot dog meal with all the fixings you would want. I saw a white skunk and gave him all the space he needed.
I have seen 3 bears and many deer. I actually got within 15 feet of 2  yesterday morning before they finally decided it was time to leave. I feel like I may have lost about 15 pounds and may have to buy a new belt or cut mine off. I'm still hiking mainly in rocks and will be glad to see and hike dirt. I'll post some pictures and talk again in about a week.
Meekness

No comments:

Post a Comment