Proverbs 16:7

When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 KJV

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 19

I have finally made it to dirt trails, what a relief. Well for the last 2 days I have hiked through trees, ground cover and at times what looked like a hole cut through hedges. If I didn't know better, I could just be walking through woods in Gastonia. You can't see through the trees so you don't see anything that makes you think you're still in the mountains other than you keep going down hill. I mean I walk down hill for over 3 to 4 hours at a time. It's  kind of boring and my feet could take a break. I'm just making miles and I'm starting to smell the finish line. I must admit I'm getting real excited knowing the end is near. I'm trying to do at least 16 miles per day and could finish in 21 more days. I'll be glad to check off Virginia and then set my site on Tennessee. I seem to be the only person going south and pass 10 to 20 people going north. I believe there's  more women hiking the AT this year then men. I'm starting to see people that are about to give up so I'm a sharing my story and how sectional hiking allows you to keep your dream of hiking the AT alive and how fun doing it. Well I'm sorry nothing exciting is happening right now but I feel that's getting ready to change. I'll soon be back into mountains and up and down again. Well until next time, I'm gone.
Meekness

No comments:

Post a Comment