Proverbs 16:7

When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 KJV

Friday, April 24, 2015

4/24 Update 14 Days on trail

I wanted to clear up the confusion on the mileage I have posted. Last year I was northbound and this year I am southbound. So currently I'm at mile 1282 southbound (SoBo) or 903.3 northbound (NoBo). I will use only SoBo in the future. So I have hike 115.7      miles in 14 days with 629.2 to go. That includes 2 "0" days, one to help arrange Frank's return and one to wait out the cold nights. My buddy Frank had a bad fall and injured his right ankle and back at the 7 day mark. Thus he had to return home 1 week earlier than planned. He had to walk 2 to 3 miles after his fall to get to the hostel where we were staying. I really didn't think he would get up from the fall but as I raised the big rock over my head he suddenly jumped up and said let's go. I guess all he he needed was a little encouragement. I really miss his companionship and I'm glad he's always there to get me off and running.
I'm differently better prepared this year and know how to pace myself to stay strong. I'm at 10 to 15 miles per hiking days and if on the trail early can get in 9 to 10 before noon. It seems my tank is empty around 2:30 - 3:30 which normally is around 8 hours on the trail. Yes it's very tiring, I'm in bed by 7 or 8 but it brings a joy that I will remember forever.

Meekness
Sewing seeds for the Lord
Psalms 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment