Proverbs 16:7

When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7 KJV

Friday, May 9, 2014

In case you have been wondering what happen to me here's the story. I went back on the trail on April 20 after 5 days at home with severe sinus problems , thinking I was better. I was feeling OK but could not get rid of my cough and a fever which lead to me waking up wet from sweating. I felt good while hiking with the change in my meals and my new pack I was covering more miles and really getting my rhythm on the trail. I was waking up around 4:00am with a fever which brought on coughing and the sweating thus I would start off hiking with wet clothes and cool temperatures, not good. After 5 days and no improvements, I came off the trail at Tellico Gap (mile 129.2) for a night stay at Aquone Hiker Lodge and to restock my supplies. It was there that I realized I wasn't getting any better and decided to see a doctor. He was very concerned about my breathing and suggest I get a chest x-ray ASAP. It being Friday and the earliest I could get one there would be 4 days, I chose to go home and see my doctor. He started treating me for bronchitis and send the x-rays off to be read by a technician. They came back normal but he suggested I stay home until the bronchitis was completely gone and allow time for me to heal. So I was released on May 6 and will head back to the trail on May 12 after Mother's Day. I have a 10 day plan to see how things work out (Lord willing) and if I can overcome the health problems as I continue my hike. Living out doors brings new challenges but it also has shown me how Blessed we are to live in America and what Freedom we truly have. I will share more later about my hike but just wanted to get you caught up for now. 

Keep praying for sick Mick,
Meekness


No comments:

Post a Comment